Please share a comment - we're in it together!

If you have a great idea or tip or question about saving money, tax issues, budgeting, or any other money matters, please post a comment. If you have tried one of the ideas from the blog, let us know the results!

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

This strategy works! Thanks Mike P. !

Got a great strategy from a friend, Mike P.  Here's what he shared with me:

Here's a suggestion on how to save money:
bitching and moaning. I took the Acura to Crown Acura to have the
transmission checked - it was acting up. They told me that I needed a
new one to the tune of $4500+. After they revived me I began to bitch
about it. To my surprise, the service manager fired off an e-mail to
corporate headquarters requesting some relief of the situation. As
background, this transmission was known to have issues, to the point of
losing a class action suit some years ago. Several hours later the guy
called me to say that the company had agreed to foot 90% of the bill.
After recovering from another fainting spell, I thanked him profusely.

Moral: Sometimes bitching and moaning actually are effective.

Mike.


Great job, Mike! Kind of old school but definitely worth a try in many situations.
It costs nothing to ask for a break or a discount or an upgrade or
a refund.....you may get what you want!

Anyone have a success story like Mike's?  Please post it and share!

Kathy

2 comments:

  1. As a followup, I would like to say that the company deserves great credit. They did not have to do that. That strive for customer satisfaction is all too rare today. Good job Crown and Acura. They won many loyalty points with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It worked for me again. I had a little issue with a car rental place charging me a lot more than the quote I got on the internet. I e-mailed the customer service and got a "one-time" adjustment for about 50% of my cost. So I paid less than I thought I would. Nice!

    ReplyDelete